I’m not going to lie to you…I didn’t make this coffee. In fact I don’t even like coffee. But the vast majority of you out there love it & lets face it what pairs better with teeny donuts than a cup of joe.
So down to Starbucks I went & ordered a cup of coffee for the sake of this post. It was a funny story actually, me ordering this coffee. As I approached the counter I realized I had never ordered coffee before (do you count Strawberry & Cream Frappachinos? If so then I take that back) & wasn’t sure if I had to give any special instructions. So I backed away from the counter called a friend & while they cracked up on the other end I realized legit all you have to say is “a cup of coffee please”. Not so difficult, eh?
p.s. recipe look familiar? Yes, I just shared this same recipe earlier this week but like I mentioned in that post this recipe makes so many donuts that I just had to find another use for them!
- for donuts:
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- for icing:
- 4-6 tbsp lemon juice or vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 drop food coloring
- In large mixing bowl, melt butter. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add all other donut ingredients & mix until smooth.
- Spray baking tray & fill tray ¼ full with donut mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick is inserted & comes out clean.
- Let donuts cool. In small mixing bowl, combine all icing ingredients except for sprinkles.
- Top donuts with icing by using butter knife & immediately cover in sprinkles.
- Pour coffee into mason jars & place donut on straws. Enjoy!
mason jars (I love these chalkboard ones!)
large mixing bowl
mini donut tray
small mixing bowl