As the leader of Chicago style blogs, Jena of Chi City Fashion is the epitome of an it-girl. She’s mastered street style, she’s beyond witty, & today on Public Lives, Secret Recipes we went into Jena’s kitchen to see her whip up a delicious meal.
From someone who claims that if she had her own television show it would be called, “Half Assed Meals with Jena” we were extremely blown away by this Coconut Curry Rice dish. Check out the recipe below to try Jena’s amazing meal!
- 1 sweet potato
- ½ bunch kale
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1½ tbsp Thai Kitchen curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 avocado
- sesame seeds, for topping
- olive oil
- In saucepan, cook rice in coconut milk according to rice instructions.
- Wash & peel sweet potato. Chop sweet potato & drizzle with olive oil & salt.
- Line baking sheet with tin foil & bake sweet potato at 400 F for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Wash & rip apart kale.
- In large skillet, mix together kale & sweet potato. Drizzle olive oil over the ingredients & stir until kale wilts, over medium heat.
- Stir in curry paste & remove from heat.
- Slice avocado & sprinkle with salt.
- Pour rice & vegetable mixture into bowl. Top with avocado & sesame seeds.