Mothers teach you a lot in life: how to sew, raise a family, do laundry, be independent, & how to make insanely delicious meals among so many other things. So when my mom sent me this recipe for Matzo Toffee I knew I had to give it a shot.
Let me tell you, this recipe is beyond simple! Often when something is too easy I get nervous about the results but this treat is so delicious. The crunch from the Matzo mixed with the sweetness of the homemade caramel & chocolate makes me wish my grocery store sold Matzo year-round!
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 pieces of Matzo
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Line baking tray with parchment paper. Place Matzo on parchment paper.
- In medium saucepan melt butter with sugar over medium heat.
- Bring to boil & allow mixture to boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add in salt and vanilla, stir.
- Pour caramel mixture over matzo & immediately top with chocolate chips.
- Allow chocolate chips to melt for 1 minute on mixture & then spread evenly with butter knife.
- Freeze for 2 hours & enjoy!