Ever since I made my Matzo Toffee, I’ve been obsessed with making caramel. No, it isn’t the healthiest thing in the world but YES, it might be the most delicious & simplest to make! So the other day when I stopped at Target and picked up a Snickers bar on my way out I thought, why don’t I just make these myself?
Although my favorite candy bar is a Milky Way Simply Caramel, I figured that would be too simple a recipe for me. Now that I’ve been doing my site full time, I am always looking for a challenge in the kitchen. People always gasp when I tell them how many times I make a recipe before it can technically be called a “recipe”. After all, it’s my job to perfect it for you so you’re able to just whip it up by following the instructions!
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff
- 1 tbsp peanut butter, smooth
- 4 oz peanuts
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Melt half the chocolate. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour melted chocolate over parchment paper & freeze for 30 minutes.
- Combine fluff & peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour mixture on top of chocolate layer. Top with peanuts.
- In medium saucepan melt butter with sugar over medium heat. Bring to boil & allow mixture to boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add in salt and vanilla, stir.
- Pour caramel layer over peanuts. Melt chocolate & pour over caramel layer.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours or until set. Enjoy!