Once you take a bite of this cake you’ll be living in a world full of unicorns, rainbows, & pixie dust.
This cake is everyone you’ve ever dreamed of during your childhood. Layers of cotton candy cake, covered in cotton candy frosting, & topped with real life cotton candy, it truly is a dream come true in a cake form. No longer do you need to go to a carnival for cotton candy because this cake is all you need & more!
Cotton Candy Layered Cake Recipe
Author: Public Lives, Secret Recipes
- for cake:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp cotton candy extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup water
- for frosting:
- 3 sticks salted butter, melted
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cotton candy extract
- food coloring
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- for topping:
- cotton candy crunch
- cotton candy
- In large mixing bowl, combine all cake ingredients except the cotton candy crunch. Mix until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 325 F (convection oven preferred).
- Grease all cake trays & fill evenly with cake batter. Sprinkle cotton candy crunch on top of each batter.
- Bake cakes for 8-10 minutes or until toothpick is inserted & comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool in fridge for 10 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all frosting ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Remove cakes from fridge & from cake trays. Place one cake on top of the cake stand. Using the offset spatula, layer frosting on top & then place another cake on top of the frosting. Repeat until all cakes have been used.
- Use remaining frosting to cover the sides & top of the cake until it is completely covered & smooth.
- Sprinkle bottom of cake with cotton candy crunch. Top cake with cotton candy.