Where do we even begin with this one? If you haven’t spent at least 3 hours sufficiently stalking Foods of Jane‘s Instagram we recommend you go ahead & do so now. Seriously…go ahead…we’ll wait, it’s way worth it.
Today, Jane of Foods of Jane shared with us her Creamy & Spicy Bow-Tie Pasta recipe. Relatively simple & absolutely delicious, this recipe is exactly what you need to make as soon as your done drooling over all of her other recipes.
Jane, who cooks in her free time, has created a whole site of delicious meals including everything from SpaghettiO’s Pizza to Carbonara Lasagna Stackers; which by the way has been her most popular recipe to date so I strongly advise making it. See, we told you she was good! Read on for one of Jane’s favorite recipes & just hope that one day she does us all a favor and opens up a restaurant!
- ½ lb bow tie pasta (half box)
- ¼ stick butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup roasted red pepper
- 4 tbsp chili oil
- 1 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder (alternative: 3 minced cloves of garlic)
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- parmesan cheese, optional for topping
- Bring large pot of water & salt to a boil. Add in bow tie pasta & cook according to package directions. Drain pasta & set aside.
- In a food processor, puree the roasted red pepper. Take one cup of pepper & put onto saucepan. Add in the butter, sour cream, tomato sauce, & chili oil. Stir over medium heat.
- Once the sauce begins to bubble, add in pepper, garlic, & salt. Over low heat, add in pasta & stir until well combined.
- Top with parmesan cheese if desired & enjoy!