Whoever says granola bars can’t double as a healthy snack and decadent dessert obviously hasn’t tried these! Packed with nuts, peanut butter, granola and drizzled with dark chocolate, these bars make for the ultimate satisfying treat. Trying to have a healthy week of eating? Make a batch to grab for breakfast on the go or to fulfill your sweet and salty late night cravings.They’re super easy to make, and most of the ingredients you’ll probably already have in your pantry!
- 1 cup old fashioned whole grain oats, toasted
- ⅓ cup almond/walnut mixture (I was using ingredients I had in the house so I used wasabi almonds & chopped walnuts)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal/rice krispies
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup & 1 tbsp peanut or almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 oz dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Pour oats on baking sheet & bake 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In large bowl, combine toasted oats, sunflower seeds, rice cereal, raisins, & salt. Stir to combine.
- Place peanut butter in microwavable cup for 1 minute in 20 seconds intervals. Add honey & vanilla. Stir & pour into bowl of other ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour into baking pan & press down with spatula so ingredients are tightly packed into pan.
- Melt chocolate for 30 second intervals until smooth. Drizzle over pan & place in fridge for 4 hours. Cut, serve, & enjoy!
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes
Text: Melanie Nitowsky for Public Lives, Secret Recipes