You may wonder how a degree in theater, a love for yoga, & a career in marketing all led Lauren of Lakeshore Lady to start her site. Those three don’t necessarily have anything in common, but for Lauren’s site it makes total sense. Lakeshore Lady, a lifestyle blog, ties in everything Lauren loves. Her degree comes in handy for her recipe tutorials or those times she’s casually on the news. Her love for yoga & a healthy lifestyle inspires her incredible recipes. Plus her marketing career has led her to advance as one of Chicago’s most popular sites. Lakeshore Lady is your one stop shop for a healthy, glamorous, & enjoyable life.
This week on PLSR, Lakeshore Lady shared one of her family’s secret recipes with us. Lauren, who grew up in the kitchen with her Mom & Nana, loves recreating her families recipes. Especially this incredible pasta dish with homemade tomato sauce & fried eggs. No longer do you need to let sauce sit for hours on end. With this delicious recipe Lauren shows you how to throw together a wonderful pasta sauce in under an hour. Enjoy!
- 2 16 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes
- ½ lb. Fusilli col buco
- ¼ cup basil, finely chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- parmigiano reggiano, to taste
- In sauce pan pour roughly 3 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic for roughly 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Let simmer & add in tomatoes.
- Prepare onion, & garlic. Add to sauce. Stir to combine & let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Bring pasta to boil over 4 cups of water.
- Drain pasta once al dente & set aside. Add 2 tbsp of sauce to pasta as to not stick together.
- Pour eggs into skillet over medium heat. Let sit for 3 minutes, flip, & repeat. Let sit until golden brown on both sides & yolk toughens (test this by gently poking at it with the skillet & make sure it doesn't leak).
- Prepare basil. Add eggs to sauce. Toss pasta in sauce & top with basil.
- Serve with parmigiano reggiano. Enjoy!