In the latest installment of, “Honey I Shrunk The Desserts”, I bring to you: mini cinnamon roll cereal! I think it’s pretty clear by now, the cuter the food, the better it tastes! Just take my mini pop-tart cereal or mini donut cereal for example. These mini cinnamon rolls are extremely delicious & can be used for various other things besides cereal.
Using the same recipe as our cinnamon roll cake & cinnamon roll cookie dough, this version just scales down the size & takes less time to cook. Aka more time to sleep in & not a whole lotta time making breakfast. Win, win! Perfect to make for friends at brunch. Can you imagine the look on their faces when you bring out the cutest homemade mini cinnamon roll cereal? It’s impressive enough you’re making cereal but to combine it with everyones favorite dessert is sure to make you very popular amongst the crowd.
- for dough:
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup light almond milk (buttermilk will work too!)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- for filling:
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbsp cinnamon, to taste
- for icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Over low heat, combine butter & milk in medium saucepan. Stir until the butter is liquid & then pour mixture into large mixing bowl.
- Let mixture cool for 5 minutes or until temperature of warm bath water. Add in yeast & let activate for 10 minutes.
- Add in 1 tbsp granulated sugar & salt. Stir.
- Add in flour 1 cup at a time while stirring.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface & knead for one minute. Place ball of dough into sprayed mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap, & place in warm area to rise until doubled in size.
- On lightly floured surface, flatten dough as thin as you possibly can without it ripping. Slice into 1mm. x 2in. & drizzle filling on. Begin rolling into cinnamon roll shape.
- Grease cake pan & preheat oven to 385F. Begin placing mini rolls into cake pan starting at one side & filling it with one next to another.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Let cool completely. Combine icing ingredients in bowl & drizzle over cinnamon rolls. Place in milk or enjoy on their own & enjoy!
3 large mixing bowl
They look yummy and easy to do. Thank for sharing this recipe!
Super easy & so delicious!! Enjoy! xo
This is such a fun idea! Definitely going to make this for my kiddos 🙂
Wishes & Reality
Yay, enjoy!! Share your food pictures with #PLSRfood! xo
Thanks so much, Jenessa!! Have a great week! xo
Och this looks amazing ! I love cinnamon ♥
please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS
Thanks so much, Nada!! Enjoy! xo