Recently we sat down with Rachel of Rach, Esquire who shared with us how to make the most perfect salad, poached egg & all. There’s not much Rachel can’t do: she’s an attorney, master photographer, incredible chef, & social media consultant.
Like most salads, this one is super easy to make. Don’t be intimidated by the poached egg, Rachel taught us a fairly simple way to poach an egg. We practiced on our own a few times & by the third egg we got it down pat. Simply fill a shallow pan (we used this one) with water & 1 cap full of white vinegar. Over medium-high heat bring water mixture to simmer. Just before the water begins to boil (don’t let it boil completely) start stirring in a circular motion with a whisk. Quickly crack the egg into the swirl & continue stirring around the egg (make sure not to touch it) until the egg whites wrap around the yolk. Voila! You’ve made a poached egg! Check out the entire recipe below & blow everyone away with this healthy, restaurant worthy salad thanks to Rachel!
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 roma tomato, cubed
- 1 package baby spring greens mix
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 carrot, peeled
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 tsp basil, chopped
- eggs (however many you'd like to poach)
- white wine vinegar
- Wash, slice, & cut all vegetables. Toss lettuce, cucumber, tomato, avocado, & carrots in bowl together.
- Poach egg according to instructions on top of this page.
- Mix lemon, oil, salt, pepper, & basil together. Drizzle over salad. Toss & top with poached egg. Enjoy!