Thanks to Kelly of Eat Travel Rock, your breakfast game is about to get a huge step up. While some of our other breakfast recipes may be a bit more time consuming, this one only takes about 25 minutes to make meaning you have no excuse not to make it. Perfect for the holidays, Kelly took two classic Italian treats & made one recipe you’ll never forget. Cannoli French Toast is made using Panettone bread which is sweeter than your typical loaf. Especially in this case as she used a chocolate chip version. If you haven’t had it yet, this is a prime opportunity to grab yourself some. Trust us, you won’t regret it.
As the host of her own show, Eat Travel Rock, Kelly has a ton of experience in the kitchen–both her own & those of restaurants. Kelly travels both nationally & internationally sampling some of the worlds best cuisines. That and she’s an expert when it comes to the Chicago food scene. Don’t believe us? Just check out her Instagram feed which is basically a guide to the city & then some.
- for the toast:
- 1 loaf Panettone chocolate chip bread
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tbsp butter, divided
- for the dip:
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- ¼ cup of milk
- ⅓ cup ricotta
- 1 heaping tbsp mascarpone cheese
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- On cutting board slice bread into ½ inch pieces.
- In mixing bowl combine 2 eggs, ⅓ cup of milk, & 1 tsp cinnamon. Whisk until combined.
- Place skillet over medium heat & add ½ tbsp butter to the pan.
- Dip the bread into egg mixture & flip until both sides are fully covered. Place in skillet & let cook for roughly 3-5 minutes. Flip & let cook until both sides are golden brown.
- In separate mixing bowl, prepare the icing mixture. Pour sugar & milk into bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add in cheeses & stir. Add remaining ingredients & mix until combined.
- Drizzle icing over french toast & enjoy!