To be completely honest when we started creating this recipe we only had one vision in mind: cookie cake. Typically a cookie cake is served in a flat, single layer, circle shape. We all know how we feel about hybrids over here so we were on a mission to create a cookie cake unlike any other. Enter the Cookie Layered Cake Recipe. 10-12 cookies stacked upon one another & filled with creamy frosting? Yes please! After all, what could be better than having an excuse to eat multiple cookies at the same time? Nothing we tell ya.
This recipe could not be any easier which makes us very, very happy. After all, cookies can be one of the hardest recipes to develop. Too much flour & they can dry out. Too much butter & they spread too thin. The list goes on & on but luckily we got this recipe down pat for you all to try! The cookie ingredients can all be mixed together at once & same with the frosting. We used the frosting from our 1 Step Easy & Delicious Cream Cheese Frosting (video below) but feel free to experiment with whatever you’d like. Enjoy! xo
- for cookies:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks salted butter, melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- mini chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- for frosting:
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- heaping ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir with whisk to incorporate.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop cookie dough onto tray at least 3 inches apart. Back for 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In large mixing bowl whip whipping cream with electric mixer until peaks form. Add in the cream cheese & mix for another 2 minutes. Add in remaining ingredients & mix until peaks form.
- Place one cookie on cake stand & top with desired amount of frosting. Evenly spread using offset spatula. Top with another cookie & repeat until all cookies have been used.