We’re strong believers in the saying that it’s the simple things in life that make us happiest. Spending time with family & friends, watching a sunset, playing with puppies, & one of our favorites: breakfast in bed. What could be better than staying snuggled under the covers while enjoying a delicious meal?!
These Fig & Honey Pancakes are super easy to make & the perfect breakfast in bed treat. A simple pancake recipe easily becomes transformed into a gourmet meal by topping it with a few ingredients: blueberries, figs, blackberries, & honey. The best part is once you wash & dry the toppings (& cut the figs in half) you truly don’t have to do anything else! Just top the pancakes with them & you’re good to go. Make the pancakes the night before & top them with fresh ingredients in the morning to ensure a quick & delicious treat.
- For the pancakes:
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- For the toppings:
- honey, drizzle
- figs, sliced in halves
- Combine all pancake ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Place skillet on stove over low-medium heat.
- Pour batter onto skillet with a ladle. Smooth out batter with bottom of ladle, creating a circle in an even layer.
- Cook for roughly 2-3 minutes or until golden on the bottom & bubbling on top. Flip with spatula & cook for an additional 1 minutes or until golden.
- Top with blueberries, figs, blackberries, & honey. Serve & enjoy!