Honey lavender is one of our favorite combinations. The sweetness of the honey paired with the subtle floral flavor of lavender makes for a very unique & delicious pairing. Mix that in with a buttery cookie & well, prepare to be blown away. These Honey Lavender Shortbread Cookies are unlike anything we’ve ever had before. While they make about 20 admittedly they serve about 1… They just that good.
A great part about these cookies is they’re egg-free. They also only use a handful of ingredients, most of which are pantry staples, which makes them a perfect last minute treat to make. When cooking or baking with lavender you must make sure you’re using culinary grade. We’ve rounded up a few places you can get such an item (& they’re relatively affordable!): here, here, & here.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups + 1 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp dried lavender
- In large mixing bowl combine butter, sugar, salt, flour, & honey. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed while moving it in a circular motion until dough consistency.
- Gently fold in lavender. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls & flatten with hands. Place cookies 2 inches apart on parchment paper & bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!