What if we told you you could get rich, creamy, decadent lobster risotto for under $15. Oh and for those $15 you can have enough to serve 4 people. What if we told you that YOU could be the one making this lobster risotto in just 30 minutes. Yup 30 minutes, 4 servings, only 4 ingredients (a few of which you most likely already have in the house) & just $15–are you sold yet?
To get this dish you just need butter, water, rice, & the best lobster bisque soup out there: The Original Soupman. Yup we’re talkin’ about the same guy from Sienfeld. Believe it or not, his soups are absolutely delicious & fortunately available both online & in tons of grocery stores.
While a standard risotto is made from broth we decided to use a bisque as it gives much more flavor, texture, & an overall better taste. After testing tons of different bisques for this recipe, we came to the consensus that The Original Soupman’s Lobster Bisque was the absolute best. The key to making this risotto, aside from using this specific bisque, is slowing adding the soup to the rice while stirring constantly. So basically, if you can measure & stir, you’re golden!
- 2¼ cups (1 carton) Soupman lobster bisque soup
- ½ stick salted butter
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 2 cups water (for more flavor substitute the water for another carton of Soupman Lobster Bisque)
- In large skillet heat ¼ stick of butter over medium heat. Add rice & stir for 1 minute.
- At the same time, pour soup into medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to simmer. Add in water & let simmer.
- Add soup to rice 1 cup at a time. Allow first cup of soup to soak in, stirring constantly until absorbed. Add the remaining butter & stir until it has melted completely. Add the second cup (& any remaining soup) & repeat until soup is absorbed at least 90% into the rice.
- Remove from heat & sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve & enjoy!
Yum this recipe looks AMAZING! I love making risotto but I’ve never thought of adding lobster into the meal. Definitely will have to try this ASAP!
Yay so glad you’re going to try it, Courtney!! You’re going to love it! xo
Anika May says
This looks so good! Lovely post.
Anika | anikamay.co.uk
Thanks so much, Anika!! It’s so delicious! xo
This is such an awesome idea! I love making risotto is the cooler months and so creative to sub the stock for the lobster soup! I will definitely have to give this a try!
A Blonde’s Moment
Yay so glad you love it, Rachel!! It’s such a great alternative & easy way to make risotto! xo
Just pinned. This looks AMAZING! I’m so ready for soup weather!
Heidi || Wishes & Reality
Yay you’re going to LOVE it, Heidi!! Enjoy! xo