It’s officially the most wonderful time of the year! What better way to celebrate than with cookies, holiday cookies at that! Made with our infamous sugar cookie recipe & everyone’s favorite Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses, these cookies are sure to wow your friends & family at an upcoming holiday gathering. We stuffed them AND topped them with Candy Cane Kisses because well, why not! Ok truthfully, we weren’t planning on topping them with melted Kisses but we had leftovers & we knew if we didn’t use them in the recipe somehow, we’d end up eating them in one sitting, by ourselves. It ended up being a total hit & if you’re in a rush feel free to not stuff the cookies & instead just top them with the drizzle. We love how the Candy Cane Kisses have red specks in them to give a sort of sprinkled effect. Seriously you guys, these are the perfect holiday cookies.
As for the sugar cookies themselves, it’s one of our absolute favorite recipes. The recipe involves throwing basically all your ingredients in one bowl & mixing them together. A recipe so simple, anyone can create it! That’s just one of the many reasons we love this recipe. The second being they’re beyond fluffy & gooey & taste like little bites of heaven. Ok big bites if you make them our way. This recipe can be made with or without the Kisses or can be made with any other flavored Kiss. In fact, you can make them with any other type of chocolate candy you’d like! We’re lookin’ at you Rolo & Twix…
- 3 cups flour
- 1¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup of milk
- Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses (entire bag)
- Preheat oven to 350 F & line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Microwave butter until soft but not melted entirely in large mixing bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar, egg, & vanilla to the butter. Knead mixture with your hands while gradually adding in ¼ cup of milk as needed to help combine mixture.
- Scoop cookies onto parchment paper using a cookie scooper & place them about 3 inches apart. (You can make cookies in batches if they do not all fit on your tray)
- Place tray in freezer for 15 minutes. Remove & flatten cookie dough in palm of your hand. Add one unwrapped Hershey's Candy Cane Kiss to the center of your cookie. Wrap the dough around the kiss & roll into a ball. Place back onto tray 3 inches from other cookies & repeat until tray is full.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes. Take remaining unwrapped Kisses & place in microwavable bowl for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth & drizzle over cookies.
- Serve warm & enjoy!
large mixing bowl
SAVE & PIN BELOW FOR LATER!
Barbara Sara says
Love your post 🙂
Thanks so much!! xo
Amy Arnold says
My husband is obsessed with those kisses! I need to make these for him.
Straight A Style
Yay he’s going to love them!! xo
seeing these photos made me hungry 🙁
Haha that’s a good thing!! xo
YUMMMMMMMMMMMM! I think I am going to try this recipe !
Life is just Rosie
Yay thanks Rosie!! xo
Okay soooo I attempted to make these with my family for our annual baking night and I failed horribly. I consider myself a very good baker but when you forget to add the kisses it all makes sense! I’m going to try them again 🙂
xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries
Haha yes the Kisses are essential!! Good luck! xo
I’ve used this recipe 2 years in a row for Christmas cookies, and they’re always a hit! Thanks so much!
This comment made us SO happy, Cassandra!! Love that you love these cookies 🙂 Happy holidays! XO