‘Tis the season for baking, baking, eating, & more baking. We’ve been elbow deep in flour & sugar the past few days & we absolutely love it! Hey, someone’s gotta taste test all these treats, right?! 😉
Yesterday we created this chocolate raspberry pull apart bread & it was gone within an hour. We’ve been eager to create a pull apart bread like this for a while but to be honest we were quite intimidated by the process. Cutting & stacking dough over & over seemed a bit tricky but we’re happy to report it was so much easier than we thought! The great thing about this bread is it doesn’t have to look “perfect”. Regardless of how it looks, it tastes incredible & whether a professional made it or an amateur, it will always look homemade. That’s just one more reason we love this bread.
For the filling we chose chocolate & raspberry as that’s one of our favorite flavor combinations. Feel free to fill it with any flavor you’d like though! Nutella, blueberry jam, strawberry jam with fresh strawberry bits, you can truly adapt this recipe easily to make it your very own.
- for the dough:
- 2 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⅓ cup lukewarm water
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- for the filling:
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 12 oz jar raspberry jam
- for the egg wash:
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp water
- In large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast over the water with 1 tsp of the granulated sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes until frothy. Stir gently.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine sugar, & flour. Stir to combine. Add oil, honey, & eggs to dry ingredients & stir to combine.
- Pour yeast mixture into other ingredients & knead for 15 minutes by hand (or mixer if you have one) until you form a ball shape.
- Spray clean mixing bowl with baking spray & place ball of dough into the bowl. Cover with a damp towel & place somewhere warm until dough has doubled in size (roughly 3 hours). Make sure to punch dough down every 45 minutes.
- On floured surface, roll the dough to about 20inx12in. Spread jam evenly over the top & sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips.
- Cut dough into 6 long strips & stack 3 strips on top of one another (you should have 2 stacks of 3 strips).
- Cut each stack into 4 smaller stacks. Line loaf pan with parchment paper & layer the stacks inside so the filling is on it's side.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Brush top of bread with egg wash (egg & water mixed together). Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve & enjoy!
medium mixing bowl
loaf pan (we used a 9in one)
small mixing bowl