With the Super Bowl right around the corner all we can think about lately are appetizers, appetizers, & more appetizers. So it only seemed natural for us to try & incorporate an app into our regular meals. Hey, if it makes us feel better about snacking for every meal then why not. We can only eat so many crostini & dips for dinner before feeling slightly guilty. This recipe is the perfect combination of appetizer & dinner PLUS it’s a pizza topped with spinach so technically it’s healthy, right? #NewYearsResolutionsGoinStrong
We used the same dough recipe from our Chick-Fil-A Pizza (yup, you read that right) & it’s seriously the best. Not only is it super simple to create (most doughs are pretty tricky but not this one!) but it tastes like you’re in Italy. Only took us about 100 tries to get it just right but luckily for you the recipe is below! After this success of a pizza we’re eager to try more appetizers on top of the dough. What is your favorite appetizer? Comment below & let us know!
- for the crust:
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- ½ tsp active dry yeast
- ¼ tsp granulated sugar
- 1½ heaping cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- for spinach:
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup baby spinach, washed & dried
- for the toppings:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 8 oz jar artichoke hearts, quartered
- spinach, prepared
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Spray baking spray on large baking sheet. Mix together yeast, water, & sugar & let sit for about 10 minutes until foamy. Add in remaining dough ingredients & mix until dough begins to form. Knead dough for 4 minutes & then roll out into shape of pizza.
- In medium skillet over medium heat combine EVOO, spinach, & garlic. Stir until spinach has wilted. Strain excess liquid & set spinach aside.
- Once dough is rolled out, spread cream cheese onto dough leaving about 1 inch around the exterior for crust. Drain artichoke hearts into strainer, rinse, & pat dry. Top cream cheese with quartered artichoke hearts & spinach. Slice mozzarella & add on top of pizza.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown & cheese is bubbling. Optional: when there is about 3-5 minutes left on the timer, sprinkle crust with grated parmesan cheese. Serve & enjoy!
large baking sheet