Like any other holiday, Easter is a time for family to come together & let’s be honest, what brings people together more than food? We’ll wait… These Bunny Pancakes are absolutely perfect for Easter on so many levels: 1. They’re a bunny, duh. 2. They’re super kid friendly & taste amazing which makes them perfect for all ages. 3. They’re super quick to make so if you’re rushing out the door to Church, a friends house, or just super hungry (guilty), they’re the perfect breakfast to whip up.
To create this recipe we simply used our Fig & Honey Pancake recipe, of course just without the fig & honey toppings. Not to toot our own horn but they’re honestly the fluffiest & most delicious pancakes we’ve ever had. To shape the pancakes we mostly just did a game of trial & error. You can always make big blobs of pancakes & then cut out the shapes once they’ve cooled if that is easier for you. For this bunny recipe you’ll need: 1 large circle, 1 medium circle, 2 small circles, & 2 long triangle pancakes. For the feet we used 2 slices of bananas & mini chocolate chips as the toes. The tail was made by just using a teeny bit of Reddi-wip. Get the full step-by-step recipe below!
- For the pancakes:
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- For the toppings:
- 2 banana slices
- 6 mini chocolate chips
- Reddi-wip whipped cream
- Combine all pancake ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Place skillet on stove over low-medium heat.
- Pour batter onto skillet with a ladle to create the following shapes: 1 large circle, 1 medium circle, 2 small circles, & 2 long triangles. Cook for roughly 2-3 minutes or until golden on the bottom & bubbling on top. Flip with spatula & cook for an additional 1 minutes or until golden.
- Place the triangles down on your plate first. Align them so the top points touch the top of the plate. Place the medium circle on top of the bottom of the triangles so that about ¼inch of the triangles are covered with the medium circle. Place the large circle on top of the medium circle so that about ¼inch of the medium circle is covered with the large circle. Place the two mini circles about 1-2inches apart from one another & on top of the largest circle so that they are covering about ¼inch of the largest circle.
- Place a dollop of whipped cream on the largest circle in between the two little circles. Place one banana slice in the center of each little circle. Add 3 mini chocolate chips under each banana slice on the mini circles. Serve & enjoy!
Shop This Post: