Sophie Jaffe is a mom of two, founder of superfood line Philosophie, raw food chef, yoga instructor, & mentor to not only those in her lives but all over the world. In this day in age, it’s easy to get sucked into the crazy world of social media. Sometimes it’s great & other times it’s exhausting. However you can always count on Sophie to share an inspirational message, tips on how to unwind, an incredibly tasty (& healthy!) recipe, & so much more on her channels. Lucky for me, I got to spend a morning with Sophie who, in real life, is exactly as she is portrayed on the world wide web.
Sophie whipped up a super simple yet delicious pumpkin smoothie bowl (recipe is below!) for me while we chatted about all things food, food, & well, more food. Sophie got her start in the health & wellness industry at a young age while working at a juice bar. Fascinated by what was around her, Sophie shadowed the other chefs & ultimately studied her surroundings leading her to pursue what’s now her career in the industry. So what exactly does someone who spends so much time in her kitchen, keep in her kitchen? Sophie’s essentials food-wise include sweet potatoes, any type of greens, apples, & bananas. Product-wise, Sophie swears by a really great knife set & her Vitamix, which worked wonders whipping up this recipe in just a few seconds.
- Combine all smoothie ingredients in your Vitamix & blend until smooth. Cut the tops off your mini pumpkins, remove the insides, rinse insides, & pour smoothie into each until full. Serve & enjoy!
- for smoothie:
- /2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- teaspoon vanilla
- tbsp Berry Bliss Coconut Butter
- ¾ cup dried figs, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drained
- ripe persimmons, de-stemmed and peeled
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- cans full fat coconut milk
- teaspoon of freshly grated ginger root
- ¼ teaspoon of all spice
- tablespoon of Philosophie Berry Bliss Superfood Blend
- for serving:
- mini pumpkins
SHOP THIS POST: