Super Bowl recipes are notoriously meat-heavy dishes that leave you curled up in a food coma long after the game is over. Leave it to model & entrepreneur Nicole Williams English, a vegetarian (leaning towards vegan) for 7 years, to create the most insanely delicious meat-less recipes that can fool any carnivore—even her husband, former NFL star Larry English. “I try to keep myself up to date on certain vegan recipes & have Larry test them,” notes Nicole. This recipe & her vegan chicken parm (made with spaghetti, tomato sauce, garlic, onions, green peppers, & vegan chicken with vegan cheese on top) are their top two favorite meals to make & eat. Nicole’s secret sausage recipe, made with Beyond Meat vegan sausages, that she shared with us is just a first glance into her vegetarian lifestyle born both from her love of animals as well as her growing up in her Newfoundland home eating SO. MUCH. FISH.
Spending a day in the kitchen with Cindy Crawford, her guilty pleasures, & her advice on what NOT to eat on a first date, Nicole spills on all that plus so much more in our video interview with her below.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Beyond Meat vegan sausages (Nicole used the "sweet Italian" version)
- 4 hot dog buns (the thicker the better!)
- Pour EVOO onto skillet over medium high heat. Once EVOO begins to sizzle, turn the heat to high & add your sausages. Rotate sausages until each side is slightly blackened & than turn heat to low.
- While sausages remain cooking over low heat, toast your buns until warm (roughly 30 seconds on medium setting). Remove buns from toaster & sausages from pan. Insert sausages into buns & top with desired toppings. Serve & enjoy!
toaster (or oven)
SHOP THIS POST:
PIN FOR LATER:
*Editing by Rob Lee.
**Images via Shannan Leigh for Public Lives, Secret Recipes.