This recipe for gluten-free mini pop-tarts has been SO highly requested after we posted our original mini pop-tarts a while back. These little cuties are beyond easy to make & you can find most of the ingredients either at your local grocery store or at Thrive Market (if you sign up using this link you’ll get 25% off your first order!). Perfect as a gift or as a snack, the mini pop-tarts also make perfect cake toppers! That is if you can manage not popping them all into your mouth immediately!
SHOP THIS POST:
- 1¼ cup GF flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- melted chocolate
- cacao nibs
- icing: powdered sugar, vanilla extract, food dye & sprinkles
- Mix all ingredients together & roll into ball. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge, let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes & then roll out until about ⅕ cm in height.
- Slice into mini rectangles & fill half of them with a teensy dollop of filling.
- Place evenly sized dough on top of filled dough & press down on sides to close. Press the edges of the dough with a fork to secure rectangles together.
- Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Top with icing or chocolate & immediately sprinkle on cacao nibs, sprinkles or other topping. Serve when frosting has dried. Enjoy!
PIN FOR LATER: