These sweet potato tacos are such a simple yet healthy & delicious way to enjoy a meatless meal! Stuffed with mushrooms, onion, avocado, beans & sweet potato, these tacos take only a few minutes to make & are totally gluten-free, dairy-free & vegan. If you’re looking for more sweet potato recipe ideas check out this kale & goat cheese skillet or these sweet potato nachos. You can also add hot sauce, coconut or greek (if you do the latter, it won’t be dairy-free or vegan) yogurt, guac, or whatever other sauces & toppings you’d like to these tacos.
SHOP THIS POST:
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp red onion, sliced
- 3 tortilla shells
- 1½ tbsp black beans
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- In cast iron skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil & 1 chopped sweet potato. Let cook for 5 minutes, flip & cook another 5.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Put cast iron skillet with sweet potatoes into oven & cook 5-10 minutes or until soft.
- In small skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp EVOO, mushrooms & sliced red onion. Heat until onion is translucent & mushrooms are soft.
- Remove everything from both skillets & add tortilla shells to skillet over low heat for 1 minute on each side.
- Stuff shells with sweet potato, mushrooms & onion. Add ½ tbsp black beans to each shell. Serve with avocado & enjoy!
PIN FOR LATER: