If you were a fan of our GF banana bread bars then you’re going to LOVE this updated version. This recipe is our take on a better-for-you brownie that uses the same banana & oat base as our last recipe. We wanted to keep the ingredients super minimal again so only two things were added this time around: cacao powder (you can always use cocoa powder) and no-sugar added chocolate almond bars. These Chocolove XO no-sugar added bars are sweetened with fiber which not only tastes delicious but helps keep them super nutritious. If you remember our interview with The Skinny Confidential, she talks a lot about inulin which is a fiber that Chocolove uses to sweeten these bars. Not only is it naturally sweet but inulin helps promotes digestion and gut health. Plus these bars come in a variety of flavors so you can choose from almond, plain chocolate, mint (this flavor tastes like a thin mint!), salted caramel, & so many more flavors! How good would this salted peanut butter flavor chocolate bar be on top of these bars! You can find these Chocolove bars in most grocery stories (here is a link to find a store near you) – they’re not only great in this recipe but as a snack on their own.
SHOP THIS POST:
- 4 cups GF rolled oats
- 6 bananas, mashed
- 2½ tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 cup almond butter (or any nut butter you'd like)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Chocolove No-Sugar Added Bar (we used the almond one but any of their bars work great!)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large mixing bowl mash the bananas. Add in the oats, vanilla, cacao powder & peanut butter. Stir to combine. Chop half the bar into chocolate chunks & stir into the batter.
- Line 9x9 in pan with parchment paper. Pour in the batter. Cook for 12-14 minutes. Place remaining chocolate chunks on top of bars. Bake another 2-3 minutes. Cut into 9 bars & enjoy!
9x9 in pan
PIN FOR LATER:
*Thank you Chocolove for sponsoring this post!