This candied yam wedges recipe is my absolute favorite and I’ve been making them daily! They get super caramelized on the bottom and taste just like candy. Then the tops get super soft and taste like mashed potatoes. Pair them with this mustard dill sauce that is so smooth and creamy but adds a bit of crunch from the whole grain mustard and it seriously it the most perfect combination of flavors and textures!
One thing to note when making this recipe is you want to use avocado oil baking spray instead of extra virgin, canola or any other type. The reason being is the avocado oil’s smoke point is what helps get these yam fries super caramelized on the bottom! This is a great option as is this brand.
SHOP THIS POST:
- 1 sweet potato or yam, sliced into wedges
- avocado oil baking spray
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup dairy-free plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp fresh or dried thyme
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with foil. Spray foil (generously - you want the entire bottom coated) with avocado oil and then toss the sweet potato wedges onto the sheet. Spray the tops of the sweet potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the potato is cooking, combine yogurt, mustards, water and thyme in a small bowl. Stir until completely combined.
avocado oil baking spray
small mixing bowl
PIN FOR LATER: