If there’s one recipe my friends are constantly asking me to recreate for them it’s my cookie dough ice cream sandwiches. When I have time, I’m more than happy to make them (hey, they’re not the only ones who love ’em!) but I always respond back with, “they’re sooo easy to make…you should make them!” I really can’t emphasize enough how easy that recipe was to make. First of all, it’s a no bake recipe; doesn’t get much simpler than that. Second of all, half the recipe literally just involves you scooping & smoothing out ice cream onto a tray. Not to mention the hardest part of it all is definitely waiting for them to freeze…
So after constant begging & my own desire to make them, I decided to grab the ingredients & get to work. Then I had an idea. This is when I start to really convince myself I’m an evil genius. Why not make bite size sandwiches? That idea then turned into why not just cover the ice cream in cookie dough. Which finally & thankfully turned into this recipe: cookie dough ice cream bites. Using the exact same dough recipe from the ice cream sandwiches & just switching up a few steps, this recipe is still just as simple & obviously beyond delicious!
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pint of cookie dough ice cream
- Combine all wet ingredients, sans ice cream, in mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Add in all dry ingredients, again sans ice cream, & stir until dough forms.
- Place dough in fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper. Scoop out ice cream into single circles & place on paper. Repeat 10x.
- Place tray, covered in ice cream, into freezer for 20 minutes. Remove dough from fridge.
- On separate piece of parchment paper, place 1 tbsp of dough roughly 6 inches apart. Roll out each piece until ¼ inch thick. Remove ice cream from freezer.
- Place ball of ice cream in center of each piece of dough. Wrap dough around ice cream until you can no longer see the ice cream. Place on baking tray & set back in freezer for 2 hours. Enjoy!
ice cream scooper