Previously, I’ve shared recipes on how to create homemade pop-tarts, mini pop-tarts, & mini pop-tart cereal. Now I’ve come to you with my latest creation: breakfast pop-tarts. I know what you’re thinking, “Aren’t all pop-tarts considered breakfast?” Well, in my opinion they should be considered dessert but that’s not the argument I’m making today. Today I’m here to teach you how to combine all your favorite breakfast foods into one pop-tart recipe. Think bacon, eggs, & cheese, or everything bagels with cream cheese. Both will today become a pop-tart recipe! Confused? See the recipe below & give it a shot yourself! Fill them with eggs or cream cheese & top with lox, capers, seeds, quail eggs (they’re super teeny & cute!), mini bagels, bacon, & so much more!
- for the pop-tarts:
- 2¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup butter
- pinch of salt
- for the filling:
- cream cheese
- for the toppings:
- cream cheese & everything bagel seeds
- cream cheese & mini bagel made from leftover dough!
- cheddar cheese, quail egg, & bacon
- cream cheese, lox, & capers
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In food processor, combine flour, sugar, butter, & salt.
- Pour mixture into large mixing bowl & add in one egg yolk.Knead with your hands until smooth.
- Let sit in refrigerator for 1.5 hours. Preheat oven to 360 F.
- Mix in extra egg yolk to dough. Add 1 tbsp of water as needed to help dough stick together. Place dough on large cutting board & roll out until about 1.5 cm in height.
- Cut dough into even number of rectangles.
- Place half of the rectangles on parchment paper & place 1 tsp of filling directly in center of dough.
- In separate small bowl, combine egg yolk & water.
- Brush the edges of filled dough with egg & water mixture.
- Place evenly sized dough on top of filled dough & press down on sides to close.
- Press the edges of the dough with a fork to secure rectangles together.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- If topping with cheese, immediately cover & add on toppings. If topping with cream cheese, let pop-tarts cool & cream cheese soften. Top to your desire, serve, & enjoy!
large mixing bowl
large baking sheet
My husband would LOVE these! Thanks for sharing such an amazing recipe!
Yay, so glad to hear that!! Enjoy! xo
Oh my goodness, these look so YUMMY! I’ve been looking for something new to try and these look delicious and easy to make, thank you so much for sharing!
Following on bloglovin’ <3
You’re so sweet! Thank you so much for the kind words! They’re so delicious & definitely the perfect treat to wow a group of friends & family! xo
These look amazing! Pinning now!
Wishes & Reality
Yay!! Enjoy! xo
Yummy! Makes me hungry!
Thanks, Claire! xo
They look absolutely delicious! i love pop tarts so I might give them a try 🙂
Yay!! Enjoy! xo
imperfect woman says
these look so Yummy !!! Michaela
Thank you, Michaela!!! xo
This looks delicious, I want some! 😀
Have a great day, Kisses!
Thank you so much!!! xo