If you’re at all familiar with our site you know we love ALL things cake batter. Pancakes, cupcakes, popcorn, & even our famous #KRISPOPS! So it’s no surprise we combined it with another one of our favorite treats, french toast. This recipe is the perfect treat for a birthday breakfast or to just treat yo’ self.
Recently we shared our cake batter french toast recipe with one of our favorite sites, Fab Food Chicago. Check out the full feature: here.
- 6 slices challah
- 1¼ cup dry funfetti cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1 can white frosting, melted
- 1 tbsp butter, for the skillet
- In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla, almond milk, & cake mix. Stir until smooth.
- Dunk bread in mixture & flip until entire piece is covered.
- Place butter in skillet over medium heat. Add in one slice of bread at a time & flip after roughly 3 minutes or once bottom side has cooked thoroughly & is slightly yellow/golden.
- Heat frosting for 30 seconds in microwave & pour over stack of toast. Top with sprinkles, serve, & enjoy!