Possibly my favorite holiday flavor is peppermint. Add that to something chocolate & I’m hooked. So while brainstorming a dessert for a holiday party I couldn’t let go of the idea of peppermint + chocolate. I decided to take one of my all-time favorite cereals, Cocoa Pebbles & turn it into a “pie crust”, if you will. Combined with marshmallows & some butter (totally necessary!) I then molded it along the shape of a springform pan. Just like that you have your pie crust! Easy peasy–perfect for when you’re rushing between work & that holiday party. Truth be told, the most time consuming part of this recipe is going to the grocery store to get the ingredients. Luckily, you can now purchase Post Cereals online which makes this recipe a no brainer! Check out their awesome new flavors & order your Cocoa Pebbles now just in time to make this for the holidays.
I filled my Cocoa Pebbles pie crust with a super simple cheesecake infused with crushed peppermint. If you’re not a fan of cheesecake, don’t fret! You can fill it with a premade cake (just make sure the sizing will work), ice cream, egg-free cookie dough, or even a premade pie filling. Post just released a new cereal, Ice Cream Pebbles, that I’m DYING to try! Imagine how tasty that would be as a pie crust with actual ice cream in the middle?!
- for the crust:
- 1 11oz box of Cocoa Pebbles
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- for the filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint/candy cane
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, add in marshmallows. Stir continuously until melted.
- Line medium mixing bowl with butter. Pour entire bag of Cocoa Pebbles into bowl. Add in marshmallow mixture. Stir until each piece is covered in marshmallow.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. While cooling, spray springform pan with baking spray.
- Pour Cocoa Pebbles mixture into springform pan. Spread it along the bottom & sides of the pan until completely covered. Press down with your hands to secure Pebbles into place.
- While mold is setting, in separate mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Beat with electric mixer until smooth (low-medium speed).
- Pour filling into Pebbles pie mold & spread with spatula until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until filling & crust have set. Release side of springform, serve, & enjoy!
medium mixing bowl
springform pan 9in dia.
large mixing bowl
***Thank you Post Foods for sponsoring this post!