Our latest food hybrid recipe is for Pizza Scones! Crumbly, sweet scones infused with oregano, stuffed with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, & topped with more cheese and pepperoni because well, why not. Check out our video below for a quick step-by-step demonstration of this awesome treat & scroll down to the bottom of this page for the full recipe. Enjoy! xo
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 8 tbsp salted butter, cold
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 bag shredded mozzerella cheese
- 1 bag pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 425 F. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, milk, oregano, & butter. Stir with electric mixer until crumbly.
- Using your hands, work the dough together until it forms a ball. Roll dough out & cut into even triangles that measure roughly 4 inches on each side. Place half the triangles on baking sheet 4 inches apart. Place sauce, cheese, & pepperoni on top of triangle. Place the second triangle on top of the sauced one & press dough to combine at the sides gently.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve & enjoy!
electric mixer (alternative: whisk)
pastry board (or other smooth surface that dough will not stick to when rolling it out)