For the past few years we’ve gone back & forth on packaged foods. On one hand, it’s typically less expensive than preparing a meal from scratch. Not to mention, it’s usually way easier to make & much less time consuming. On the other hand, it’s usually loaded with bizarre ingredients – some of which are made in a lab which is obviously frightening. It wasn’t until recently that we heard someone say how you can of course eat packaged foods however when determining which to eat look at the ingredient list & if you have those items in your home or know where to buy them (i.e. clean, simple ingredients), then it’s typically a-ok. This simple statement made all the sense in the world to us – if we can recreate it with the ingredients listed then it’s clean enough to eat. Thus is the reason we’re such big fans of Maya Kaimal & all her foods. The ingredient lists are wildly clean with majority of the ingredients always being vegetables. In this specific recipe, we used the Maya Kaimal’s Everyday Dal packets to create the most delicious & fulfilling (yet still healthy!) recipe. While we used the Red Lentil with butternut squash & coconut variety – they have tons of other flavor options, all which are equally delicious. Served over a bed of warm rice & sautéed with some fresh kale, this recipe is a great way to get all your nutrients in without having to sacrifice flavor, time or money.
SHOP THIS POST:
- 1 Maya Kaimal Everyday Dal packet
- 1 cup rice
- 1½ cups water
- 3 tsp coconut cream
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1 handful kale (about 1 cup)
- pine nuts, to taste
- Cook rice with water according to packages instructions. Once rice is off the heat, stir in coconut cream.
- In large skillet, cook kale in EVOO over medium heat until wilted & soft. Add in the Maya Kaimal Everyday Dal packet & stir to combine. Let cook 3-5 minutes & then turn off heat & set aside.
- Plate rice & top with dal mixture. Top with pine nuts if desired. Serve & enjoy!
PIN FOR LATER:
*Thank you Maya Kaimal for sponsoring this post!