Our s’mores obsession is very, very real & it seems it’s only getting worse. Truth be told it started years ago in our childhood. There’s just something about the sticky marshmallow & melty chocolate that really sticks (ha!) with ya as a kid. As we’ve gotten older we’ve obviously continued eating our fair share of s’mores but have also loved experimenting & finding new ways to enjoy them. Who woulda known you can make so much out of three simple ingredients. Enter the Mallomar, one of our favorite cookies that if you think about it, is truly just a s’more. We set out to make these bad boys on our own & were shocked at how easy it was to create. That, & how freakin’ delicious the homemade version is.
For this particular recipe we only added one ingredient to what you would normally use in s’mores. That & we swapped out regular marshmallows for marshmallow fluff which made shaping the Mallomars a breeze. The one ingredient we added was a bit of butter to help mold the graham crackers into the base of the cookies. This enables the graham crackers to stay together allowing you to put the remaining ingredients easily on top. As for the rest of the cookie, we simply piped fluff onto the base using a plastic bag & spooned melted chocolate over it all. Easy peasy & oh so delicious!
- 1 7 oz jar marshmallow fluff
- 9 full size honey graham crackers
- 4½ tbsp butter
- 1 16 oz bag dark chocolate candy wafters
- In food processor combine crackers & butter until smooth. Line baking sheet with parchment paper & pour graham cracker mixture onto tray. Make small balls (roughly 1 tbsp) of mixture & place 2 inches from one another on tray. Flatten balls with palm of hand.
- Pour fluff into Ziploc bag & cut a small hole in one of the bottom corners of the bag. Carefully pipe one dollop of fluff onto flat crackers. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- In microwavable safe bowl, melt chocolate wafers in 30 second increments, mixing in between, until smooth. Carefully spoon 1 tbsp of melted chocolate over each dollop of fluff. Place in freezer for 1 hour. Serve & enjoy!
microwavable safe bowl
Shop This Post: