We all have that person we can look up to, whether it’s for practical advice such as to use a camera, what dessert to bake, where to shop, or more advanced, life advice such as what your next career move should be, how to lead a more positive life, or ways to be successful. That person may be a parent, boss, teacher, or in this case a junior at DePaul University who has her s*** more together than most people double her age.
As just a junior in college, Julia has an established blog, works as the head style guru for College Fashionista, balances a social life with fun brunches at Toast, all while working on her science degree & plans to graduate early. Yeah, we know, it really makes you reconsider what the heck you’re doing with your life..us too.
We sat down with Julia to get the perfect holiday treat recipe. This simple, yet incredibly delicious bark is sure to be a hit at all your holiday gatherings.
- If using double broiler, proceed with instructions from that specific product guide.
- If using a DIY double broiler, fill larger saucepan halfway with water. Place smaller saucepan on top of larger one & tie the handles together so the smaller one stays in place.
- Place heat on medium-high & pour chocolate in small saucepan.
- Continuously stir the chocolate until completely melted.
- Line flat tray with tinfoil & pour chocolate on top.
- Smooth chocolate out until even & generous layer.
- Repeat previous steps with the other type of chocolate & layer in on top.
- Top off bark with peppermint crunch & place in fridge for 15-30 minutes or until solid.
- Break bark into desired pieces & enjoy!