This recipe for gluten-free orange cookies is truly the simplest recipe ever! To make these cookies, you just toss all the ingredients in a bowl, stir and then they’re ready to bake. It truly couldn’t be easier. Many of the ingredients are also pantry staples and if you don’t have one (or don’t want to use one), there are tons of simple swaps you can make.
What swaps can I make to these cookies?
You can easily swap out the coconut oil for butter if you prefer. Additionally, you can forgo the orange zest entirely and swap out the juice for extra vanilla extract or almond milk. Lastly, if you want to make these cookies vegan, you can swap out the honey for maple syrup. Of course, you can skip the candied orange slices too BUT let me tell you, they’re way more delicious than you could even imagine. I highly recommend giving them a shot! If you don’t like them, you can easily pull them off the cookies.
SHOP THIS POST:
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- candied orange slices
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Scoop batter onto parchment paper so cookies are at least 1 in apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and immediately top with candied orange slices. Serve and enjoy!
large mixing bowl
PIN FOR LATER: