These are pretty much a new take on my granola bars except the ratio flip flopped. The only other difference is you can totally justify binging on the granola bars…
How, one might ask, did I cut that ganache so smoothly that it doesn’t get all over the knife, counter, & granola? The trick to that is wetting the knife with warm water, cleaning it off in between slicing, & repeating with the water. Oh the tips & tricks you learn when you bake 24/7.
If you haven’t noticed I’ve been taking peanut butter really serious lately. Sandwiches, pancakes, even something for my dogs–I can’t stop using it! The combination of flavors in these bars goes together better than, dare I say, PB & Jelly ?.
- for bars:
- 2 cups rolled oats, toasted
- 1 cup raisins, pureed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- for topping:
- 1½ cup heavy cream
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line oats on baking sheet & toast for 10 minutes.
- Puree the cup of raisins. Combine all bar ingredients in large mixing bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Line cake pan with parchment paper leaving excess over edges for easy removal. Pour bar mixture into pan & spread evenly. Place in freezer for 30 min.
- Heat cream in microwave for roughly 3 minutes, until bubbling. Pour over chocolate chips & let sit for 20 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Pour ganache over bars & place in fridge for 1 hour or until set. Sprinkle with sea salt, serve, & enjoy!
8x8 cake pan
2 large mixing bowls