If winter is the most wonderful time of the year then is fall just the most basic? Someone help me out here if there’s another adjective I should be using but when it comes to fall, it’s all plaid scarves, leaves changing colors Instagrams, & of course everyone’s favorites PSL. I truly can’t think of any other way to describe it. So other than try to contemplate that for a few more hours, I figured why not jump on the basic train & make something that goes hand in hand with fall recipes & being basic. Enter: Pumpkin Spiced Chia Seed Pudding, which is basically as basic as it gets. PSL flavoring, chia seed pudding (so trendy, amirite?!), & served in a mason jar. Like, come ON. Pat myself on my Patagonia covered back for this basic win.
Anyway aside from this being the flavors of your dream it’s also surprisingly healthy. Plus, it’s super easy to make in bulk to keep for the week as breakfast, dessert, or both!
- for the pudding:
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- ¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ tbsp canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: ½ tsp hot espresso
- optional for the topping:
- whipped cream
- In large mixing bowl combine almond milk, pumpkin pie spice, canned pumpkin, & vanilla. Stir to combine & then add in chia seeds & optional espresso. Stir to combine.
- Cover bowl & place in fridge for 10-12 hours (mixing halfway). Top with whipped cream if desired, serve & enjoy!
PIN FOR LATER: