Our Mini Pop-Tart Cereal recipe came out of total left field. We simply had leftover pop-tart scraps, not enough to make a regular sized one, & well, no scraps left behind ya know? So mini pop-tarts were born. But then we thought, what if we could do the total opposite & make a giant pop-tart. While we’re still working on that invention, in the meantime we present to you a Giant Pop-Tart Cake!!!
Not going to lie, this might be our easiest recipe EVER. You just bake two regular vanilla sheet cakes (feel free to use boxed or this recipe), put some blueberry jam in between the layers, top it with a 2 ingredient homemade icing & of course some sprinkles. That’s seriously it! In under 1 hour you could have this incredible giant, delicious, beautiful pop-tart cake. To give you full reference of just how giant this cake is, we placed some regular pop-tarts next to it. Let’s put it this way, if we placed each individual regular sized pop-tart that came in a box across this cake, it would STILL be bigger. That’s 8 pop-tarts we’re talkin’ about people!
One thing we absolutely love about this giant pop-tart cake is it’s perfect for all ages & all occasions. After all, who doesn’t love pop-tarts! Plus, this recipe is super versatile as you could truthfully make it any flavor you’d like just by swapping out the jam filling. Choose from strawberry jam, egg-free cookie dough, nutella, or anything else you’d like! We’ve got quite a thing for them over here at PLSR & try to incorporate them into as many recipes as possible: frosting, cereal, s’mores, breakfast, mug cakes, the list goes on & on.
- 2 boxes of Miss Jones Baking Co. vanilla cake mix (or your favorite homemade cake recipe)
- ingredients on the back of the box
- 18 oz jar blueberry jam
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Prepare cake mix according to box instructions. Spray cake pan with baking spray & pour batter into cake pan. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake cake for 25 minutes & let cool. Repeat with second box of cake.
- Place one cake on serving tray. Spread jam over the entire top of one cake. Carefully place the second cake on top of the jam.
- In small mixing bowl combine icing ingredients. Pour over center of cake & immediately top with sprinkles. Serve & enjoy!
12 x 18in cake pan
small mixing bowl